Thursday, January 10, 2008

Random things

On hamsters.
Our new little hamster chews on the bars of his cage. I guess that's what hamsters do. I would chew on the bars of my cage if I had a cage. Anything to get out.

I'd hate to be confined in such a small space. I'm not claustrophobic. Just like to get some fresh air. I'd let the hamster out if I was sure I wouldn't lose him. But I don't want little hamster poops all over the place. I don't want to unexpectedly step on a hamster.

On yoga.
My yoga teacher says that my goal this session is to access these muscles located at my upper outer thighs. I need to use them to stop my thighs from "poofing out" in standing poses.

I don't feel these muscles. I question their existence.

This is WoYoPracMo, which is World Yoga Practice Month. This month was so named as an incentive to do yoga practice every day, whether it is a 10 minute pick-me-up stretch or a full 90 minute practice.

I wake up in the morning with sore hips and do "fingertips to the bathroom counter" stretch, followed by "downward reaching dog," followed by "not quite a triangle" pose. I have to find a yoga pose that can be accomplished while blogging.

On being a bad mother.
My youngest, Dominic, hasn't noticed that he hasn't had a birthday party with his friends. And I'm tempted to just let it slide. It's not the easiest thing that his birthday comes on the heels of Christmas/New Years. Every year I should remember that I wasn't prepared the year before. But I don't. And I'm not. I think I'm still in an underlying funk about Daniel's diabetes/celiac diagnoses and don't want to do parties, cakes, cookies, screaming, explaining, and stopping children from shaking the hamster cage.

On being a good mother.
Kids should learn that you don't *have* to spend more than $200 at Chuck E. Cheese or Jeepers or the Swim Center or the gymnastics place to have you and 20 of your friends scream and eat cake. You don't *need* 2o more plastic toys.

On husbands.
Mine is giving me the look. Now. That one that says "if you don't stop typing & get to sleep you are going to be a sore head in the morning."

He knows me. He loves me. He's right. Good night!

2 comments:

Everyday Yogini said...

Yoga while blogging: Chair Yoga.

You are an amazing Mother. I am in awe of you. I love reading about your courage and strength in the face of your son's life changing disease management. You are all so brave.

Naomi said...

The trouble with yoga while blogging is that I stop concentrating on the yoga!! :)

Thanks for the comment. I'm just trying to get through each day without going postal. Thank goodness for yoga and blogging; I'd be a sad puppy without 'em.