Sunday, July 31, 2011

Oh my aching back!

I pulled out my lower back putting a case of water into the car. I was in a rush -- the fence guys were coming to demolish/reinstall a fence so our new puppy can stay safely in the back yard. It was one of those 100 degree days, and I wanted to have bottles of water on ice for the guys doing the work.

On top of that (or beneath it) my left leg has been tingling. I'm guessing I've got something pressing on my sciatic nerve, and it is annoying as hell. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow morning to get it checked out. Meanwhile, I'm moaning and groaning about the back pain & leg tingling. Daniel sympathized, and said that he gets those tingling feelings when his blood sugar is high.

Yuck -- an awful thing to go through for high blood sugar or any other reason. This is a feeling I *don't* enjoy sharing with my son!

1 comment:

DannJ said...

Naomi,
I guess we can always lean on what we know when it comes to pain management. Studies show that yoga practitioners have less pain and better mobility in pain flare ups then those who do not perform yoga strengthening. I hope your back gets better.
http://www.dailyrx.com/news-article/yoga-benefits-back-pain-patients-1131.html