Sunday, April 26, 2009

Busy Busy Plans Plans Plans

I made a plan for yesterday, and it was quite ambitious, but it was the first Saturday in forever that there was nothing on the calendar. I went over the plan with the kids -- cleaning rooms, laundry, hair cuts, shopping for shorts, doing that nagging yard work in front of the house...

2 hair cuts. Shorts for 3 kids. Underwear for 2 kids. 2 pairs of shoes, 1 pair of sandals. Bakugan purchase to celebrate excellent school week. Ice cream to celebrate straight As. Venti shaken lemonade iced green tea (barely sweetened) for mom, because Mother Nature turned on the heat and it is suddenly 85 degrees. 2 rooms vacuumed. Small amount of yard work done because I ran out of lawn bags. 3 loads of laundry completed (only because the venti iced tea was absorbed too late in the day and I couldn't sleep). Lawn bags purchased at Home Depot, but they didn't have any phlox. 1 child delivered to playdate. 2 kids got 2 burgers, 1 fries, many peanuts at 5 Guys. Mom ate the peanuts.

I wanted to do some cooking/baking, but time ran out. I borrowed a pasta machine from a friend -- one that fits into my Kitchenaid mixer -- so I could use it to once again make the GF ravioli (after I told her about my difficult hand-rolling experience). It was very kind of her to let me borrow it because she never even used it yet! Perfect for me, as that means there is no gluten in the machine for me to worry about. But it has been sitting on my counter for 3 weeks and I haven't had a chance to give it a try. Typical!

Today I will involve the children in housework and cage cleaning as much as humanly possible, grade papers, hunt for phlox, and shop & cook for the week. Mow the lawn? Make more ravioli? Bake GF bread? I'm pushing it. Plan for the week, when I will be counting down the days until Friday again, when my husband comes back from his trip and I can perhaps get a moment of quiet...

No comments: