Thursday, March 12, 2009

Just a Big Tease

Mother Nature can be cruel. The glorious 70 degree days have retreated, and we have a chance of snow/sleet tonight. I have a souvenir of the lovely weather, however. I did some yard cleanup work when it was balmy outside, and now I have streaks of poison ivy showing up on my arms. Gee, thanks.

Daniel's endo has sent some adjustments to his basaling & bolusing, so I hope that stops the slow creep-up of numbers we've seen lately. Daniel's also trying to control his teenage-boy eating (or should I say shoveling) routine. He gets hungry for a second dinner starting an hour after dinner. I truly don't know how one person can eat such a huge pile of mashed potatoes.

He comes by it honestly, though. Daniel's dad is one of 7 kids, and six in a row were boys. My mother in law says she remembers times when the boys were teenagers -- she would go to the grocery store to get food for the week. Two days later she'd open the refrigerator after coming home from work so she could prepare dinner, and it would be empty. Hollow legs, human vacuums, ever hungry, every one. It's incredible to watch.

In any case, it's hard to control blood sugar when you're eating every hour. So Daniel has promised to try to stop grazing. I'll just keep count of the containers in the refrigerator.

No comments: