Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mentoring

I've just signed up to take training through the JDRF to become a mentor to new families diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.

"Families diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes." Doesn't that sound funny? There's only one person diagnosed. But a diabetes diagnoses truly affects the entire family, as we found out in 2007, and as we're still learning.

I know I haven't been dealing with this disease in my own family for a very long time compared to so many others. But I am looking forward to the mentoring training, and to helping anyone else in this situation in any way I can.

1 comment:

Cara said...

That's great that you have signed up to help. Newly diagnosed people really do need the support. Heck, I need the help sometimes and I've been at this for 23 years.
BTW, I am going to be up your way next weekend. I am meeting with another blogger. Are you guys interested in coming too? It would be Sunday the 15th.