I know, you didn't ask. But in case you're interested:
1. I simply adore Gene Kelly.
2. I love the arts & humanities. I love music, visual art, writing, theater, singing. Yet I wish I had delved deeply into one of these things rather than dabbling a little into each.
3. There are books inside of me trying to get out. I feel that if I wait too long, the characters will perish, and I will be guilty of murder.
4. I teach Sunday school. But I'm a Unitarian, so Sunday school is pretty wacky.
5. I am surprised to find myself teaching for a living. I never believed I had the patience/planning/creativity for that.
6. I am allergic to eggplant.
7. Having to deal with my child's chronic illness has changed me. I think I became more anal retentive when I had children (just to stay on top of everything that *needed* to be done) and now that A.R. quality has been honed and intensified.
8. I believe I would be happy to work at a dead-end job for an hourly wage, as long as I could do it in Hawaii.
9. When my friends had kids with peanut allergies, I used to think "I don't know how they deal with that!" when it came to reading every label, separating all the food, dealing with school & parties, etc. Now that we have celiac in the family, people tell me that they don't know how I deal with that. But I do. I have found that you do what you have to do for your family.
10. Don't touch the crossword puzzle. It's mine.
11. I have to have music to drive long distances. And I have to sing loudly to arrive safely. Bring your ear plugs.
12. Must have chocolate.
13. I believe we are here for a reason. However, we may never know what the reason is.
14. My paternal grandparents died 10 years ago, but I still dream about them and sometimes sense them. I feel like I should call them sometimes.
15. I don't think I've reached my potential, and I'm afraid time is going too fast.
16. When I was quite young, my mom dressed me up and entered me into one of those pretty little girl contests. It was at a mall, I think. I remember being surrounded by all the lovely girls with their tulle dresses and flowing hair and knowing, at such an early age, that I was totally, utterly in the wrong place.
17. I've been to 5 Billy Joel concerts. Once I sat in the 2nd row and caught a drumstick.
18. I live vicariously through Brad, my oldest, dearest friend, who is an actor. I imagine my life if I had followed his career path. I wonder what kind of person I would be if I had gone north instead of west. Not that I'm unhappy. Quite the opposite. Just curious.
19. I loved the short time I spent in graduate school for poetry at the U. of Pittsburgh. It was a flowering, an awakening. I am so sorry I never got my MFA.
20. I'm scared of spiders, but I try not to let my kids see that.
21. My favorite chore is laundry. It is warm and gives you time to think. My least favorite is mopping. You have to move everything, and you have to vacuum first, which makes it a double chore. Or a triple one, actually.
22. I've quilted, knitted, sewed, and woven, but don't know how to crochet.
23. I think I can fix almost anything, as long as there is a clear instruction manual.
24. I found out that kids don't come with instruction manuals.
25. One of my favorite weekends was an escape spent with 3 girlfriends in Cape May. We solved all the world's problems as we walked the beach, snooped, shopped, played, sang, and drowzed. I'll treasure that weekend forever.
Tell me 25 random things about you!!