Saturday, May 24, 2008

Redneck


Picture, 5-24-08, Redneck
Originally uploaded by NaomiPoet
Daniel woke up with a low this morning at 6:30. I heard him puttering around downstairs in my sleep. By the time I got my eyes open & headed down, he was already back in bed! I checked his meter & saw the 57.

I woke him a couple of hours later because he had to get ready to go to work -- first day. He was a little high; he had a little too much sugar, but he had also eaten a clif bar & bolused, so he couldn't bolus again until 9:30, which was right when we had to leave. I told him I could throw together a ham & cheese omelet so he could have a non-bolus breakfast.

"Okay," he said, "but I'm not too hungry. Just 3 eggs, please."

I raised an eyebrow at him and asked how many eggs he would eat if he really was hungry?

"You don't want to know the answer to that," he said.

I may have to raise chickens pretty soon.

Oh -- the red neck? He had suntan lotion. Just chose not to use it.

ARGH!!!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

We spend years slathering on sunscreen when our kids are young. They become teenagers and ignore it. Such fun!

Ashley said...

Sunscreen, what's that? My mom, obsessed with counting and symptoms and highly in tune with every behavior related to sugar fluxuations, never used any sunscreen on us. Curious.

Jeff said...

Gotta love eggs! I don't have them too often, but they do help smooth out the blood sugars later on in the morning.

And "just 3" sounds about right, too!

Naomi said...

I have to admit I'm sunscreen obsessed; I got majorly burned after I fell asleep on a dock on a beautiful sunny day after a late night after-high-school-graduation party and had to see the doctor for the blistering, get cortizone shots, etc. etc. I might as well have fallen asleep on a hot griddle. Don't want my kids to go through that.

And don't get me wrong -- I love eggs. But for me, 3 eggs = very hungry.