Saturday, March 1, 2008

What to do?


I've felt crappy all week with a sore throat/cold that is now moving into a cough that won't go away. At my office we've spent a winter feeling quite cold; in our building they just can't seem to get the temperature levels correct. This week, for some weird reason, the heat kicks in and it's running between 76 - 80 degrees in the office. The blasting heat made my cold feel worse.

While I was digging around for cold medicine I found a bottle full of antibiotics. Last year, right before Daniel was diagnosed with diabetes, we thought he had a sinus infection. After a couple of days on the antibiotics for that, he was complaining of a funny taste in his mouth. We thought it was the antibiotics, but it was actually the ketoacidosis kicking in. Anyway, the doctor switched antibiotics and I must have put the amoxicillin up on a shelf & forgot about it.

Now I'm on the verge of a sinus infection. Maybe. I have that blocked-sinus/lost voice feeling in the mornings and evenings. It might go away on its own. It might not. I have 7 1/2 days worth of amoxicillin.

What to do?

In any case, the flowers that Matt sent me this week -- just because -- were better than any medicine.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Those are gorgeous flowers!! Good husband :)

I just got over the same kind of cold you have. It lasted over 2 weeks. I'm feeling human again this weekend.

Offices are NEVER the right temperature, LOL.

I hope you feel better soon!

Naomi said...

I didn't take Nyquil last night for the first time all week -- and didn't sleep because of the intermittent coughing fits. Ugh. I hope it is better tonight!