Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Great Falls


Great Falls
Originally uploaded by NaomiPoet
Today was such a gorgeous day. The kids and I went to Great Falls, on the Maryland side of the Potomac River. I put the pictures on my flickr site. After climbing a few gazillion rocks, Daniel felt low so he tested. He was only at 80, but felt like he was dropping so he popped a couple of glucose tabs. The yukky feeling didn't go away, though. Nora & Dominic could have stayed there all day, exploring the many trails and climbing rocks until sunset. But after a picnic lunch and a quick visit to the museum, we packed it up & went home.

Daniel had a wicked headache. He took some advil & had a rest. Afterwards, he felt better.

When Daniel was first diagnosed with diabetes, it was after being misdiagnosed with a sinus infection (the doctor) and a stomach flu (that was my mistake). Now whenever he feels funny I'm always trying to figure out whether it is the diabetes or something else? Or perhaps the diabetes is making something else feel weirder than usual? It's frustrating for him, it's frustrating for me.

We all enjoyed the day, nonetheless. It was a gift to be with the kids, to be in nature, to see the power of the river.

3 comments:

meanderings said...

I loved going to Great Falls when in high school. It's a beautiful place!

jules said...

oh my goodness that's beautiful! i must go there!!
hope daniel's feeling better

k2 said...

Naomi -
Beautiful.
Hope Daniel is feeling better.
Kelly