Monday, March 24, 2008

Field Trip


Daniel is going to Boston on Friday on a field trip with his church class. It's a whirlwind Unitarian weekend, visiting many Boston/Unitarian sites. My husband is one of the chaperons.

I'm nervous! I won't be there! Yes, my husband is going, I know. But his internal alarm doesn't go off at blood sugar testing times. I told Daniel yesterday that he really has to step up and take responsibility for setting alarms, remembering to test, not losing his testing kit.

I called the airline, and the customer service agent was very helpful. We've never before had to deal with carrying medical supplies on trips. If anyone has any tips/suggestions, I'd certainly appreciate it. He will also be carrying some gluten free breakfast bars/power bars in case there's any delays and he needs food. And, of course, pockets full of candy. I have also been online researching gluten free choices in the Boston & Quincy Market areas.

It is so hard to take my sticky fingers off the controls. It's like the whole damned world would just stop spinning if I stopped juggling for a few minutes. Yet... I'm also going to have 3 days where I won't have to check my watch, nag about blood sugar testing, check the travel kit, prepare the gluten free stuff.

I'm going to go wild. I'll turn off that alarm clock...

No comments: