Thursday, February 7, 2008

Huffin' and Puffin'

We bought an elliptical machine. This is how sad my abilities are: I started out at 4 minutes. FOUR! Today I went 5. At the lowest resistance, and the lowest incline.

Yesterday Daniel chugged along for 10 minutes, with 5 of those minutes at Resistance 10. Ah, to be young and in shape!

Thus we begin our efforts to bring back muscle tone and cardiovascular health! We? I mean I begin *my* efforts... Daniel seems to be pretty good, except for all the diabetes crap. He used ellipticals in gym class, but is not taking gym this semester.

Dominic, the little energizer bunny, gets on this machine and won't get off. I can't believe how long this guy can pedal. He has more energy than all the rest of us in the family combined. My husband was trying to get him off the machine last night, and I said, "No! Let him go on and on! Then he'll fall asleep easily tonight."

I'm going to go back on it for another 5 minutes later on. I'm going to try to match Daniel's time, if not his resistance level. Nothing like a little competition to make me work harder!

No comments: