Monday, October 15, 2007

Sleepy Monday

We switched to basal bolus on Thursday after our class. Daniel's target range changed from 70-200 to 70-150. I know the goal is to achieve tight control... and we still have a ways to go.

The first day his numbers were beautiful. After that, the 3:00 a.m. number ran high. So as of last night we need to do a midnight check in addition to the 3:00 a.m. check. YAWN!!

Of my 3 kids, Daniel is the one who slept through the night the soonest and always took good naps (okay, we're talking 14 years ago, but whatever). Who knew that we'd have a second chance at night time visits? :-) Luckily Dominic, in the bunk above, sleeps through the whispers and beeps.

When I first had my kids & I'd nurse them at night, I'd have these dreams of nursing -- and it would get to the point where I didn't know if I was actually in the rocking chair with the baby, or in bed dreaming about it. Sometimes I'd jump out of bed & look for the baby, because I could swear I was just holding him/her... but it was only a dream.

Last night I dreamed I was checking blood sugars. Slept through the first alarm & woke up 45 minutes late. Oy!

No comments: