Sunday, October 7, 2007

The New Suit

SHOPPING!

I really hate it. I like to have my list, have my route mapped out, zip through the stores, and badda bing, badda boom, I'm OUTTA THERE with all items on the list crossed off.

Nora and I had rehearsal on Saturday (did I mention yet that I've been cast as a muskrat?). So Matt had to take the boys out shopping to get Daniel something sufficiently dressy so he can officially accept his nomination for Homecoming Duke. I have no idea how many others are nominated. Agh! Matt's idea of shopping seems to be on a par with mine. Zoom in on your target, purchase, LEAVE. I figured he'd have the suit bagged within an hour.

While Matt chased down regal togs, Nora and I sang about the Chesapeake Bay. After rehearsal, we stopped off at Target to pick up a couple of nephew birthday presents. On the way home, my cell phone rings. I figured Matt was wondering where we were! So I said, by way of hello, "I'm on my way home NOW!"

Matt explains to me that he has driven from one end of the county to the other to get this suit. It's being hemmed now. He didn't get the belt yet, or the underwear. But he's done. He will be home after the damn thing is hemmed.

I said, well, since you are still in the store, why not just pick up the underwear?

Matt: I AM DONE.

Oh yeah. Shopping with a teenager and a six year old. And I wasn't there.

HEE HEE HEE HEE!!!

No comments: